Benefits & Services
Residents & Students
Departments of Family Medicine
Family Medicine Residencies
EVENTS & CME
Calendar of Events
Continuing Medical Education
Journal CME Quiz
NEWS & PUBLICATIONS
In the News
The Maryland Family Doctor
History & Overview
Vision & Strategic Plan
Meet the Leadership
MDAFP Past Presidents
Winter 2018 CME Quiz
The Maryland Family Doctor - Winter 2018
1. Depression in Pregnancy
2. Is There a Role for Nicotine Replacement Therapy in Pregnancy?
3. Pregnancy Related Mortality
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
The American Medical Association (AMA) accepts the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Prescribed credit as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit for the AMA Physicians Recognition Award (PRA).
CME activities approved for AAFP Prescribed credit are recognized by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
1. Complete the quiz and click the “submit” button.
2. You will then receive an immediate confirmation that your quiz has been received by MAFP.
3. Print the confirmation for your records.
4. Directly report the indicated number of credits to AAFP (MAFP does not report credits to AAFP)
5. Questions or in need of assistance? Contact the MAFP office at
Quiz Answers and Article References
AAFP Membership #
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
ZIP / Postal Code
Article 1 Questions
1. Antidepressants is recommended for all pregnant patients with signs of depression
2. If symptoms of depression in a pregnant women last more than 2 weeks, it is considered hormonal changes due to pregnancy
3. A good screening tool for depression in pregnant woman is the Edinborough Postnatal Depression Screen
4. TCAs are the first line treatment for depression in pregnancy
Article 2 Questions
5. Bupropion exposure in utero is rarely associated with the following congenital defect:
A. Tetrology of Falot
B. LV outflow tract anomaly
C. Renal Agenesis
D. Surfactant deficit
6. What is the most essential strategy that should be included in all smoking cessation treatment plans:
A. Psychologic evaluation
B. Guilt or fear as a motivator
C. Motivational interviewing and counseling
D. Pharmacologic smoking cessation aids
7. Cigarette smoke exposure in utero is associated with all of the following [EXCEPT]:
A. Premature rupture of membranes
B. Low birth weight
C. Lower reading/ spelling score
D. Drug addiction in adulthood
8. Cigarette smoking during pregnancy is a significant modifiable risk factor associated with negative pregnancy outcomes?
Article 3 Questions
9. In one study that was population based in the US, the leading causes of maternal death after a live birth was due to:
A. pulmonary embolism
10. The maternal mortality ratio is defined as [#of maternal deaths/100,000 live births] in a given time period in reproductive age women.
11. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System provides an assessment of maternal mortality in the United States to look at trends, understand etiology and make recommendations to decrease the risk of maternal death