Family Physician of the Year Award
The Maryland Family Physician of the Year Award recognizes a physician who exemplifies the tradition and contributions of the Family Physician to the continuing health of Maryland’s patients, families, and communities.
- Provides patients and community with compassionate, comprehensive, and caring family medicine on a continuing basis.
- Enhances the quality of the community by being directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities.
- Acts as a credible and amiable role model, both professionally and personally, for the community, other health professionals, and residents and medical students.
- Stands out among colleagues.
- An active member in good standing with the Maryland Academy of Family Physicians (MDAFP) and American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
WHO CAN NOMINATE:
- Colleagues/Hospital Administrators
- Community Organizations
TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION:
The Family Physician of the Year for Maryland may also be nominated for the American Academy of Family Physicians National Family Physician of the Year award.
Per MDAFP policy, current members of the Board of Directors may not be considered for a MDAFP award while on the Board. If nominated, Board members will be considered for the award after the completion of their Board terms.
December 15, 2020
2021 MDAFP Annual Meeting & Winter Refresher