MDAFP has 1,115 total members representing approximately 72% of the market share in Maryland. The MADFP membership retention rate is 93.6%. MDAFP works to provide the utmost in value to its members. It seeks to:
- Increase engagement of members.
- Explore use of social networking tools to engage members.
- Create opportunities for member involvement that require limited time commitment.
- Increase number of New Physician members.
- Promote value of membership for physicians in all categories of practice.
- Promote Family Medicine to medical students.
- Work with MDAFP Foundation to develop student initiatives.
- Develop survey tools to determine needs and measure satisfaction of members.